Sunday, September 27, 2009

Humblest Apologies

Alright people, here's the post where I admit to being a terrible blogger with all the updating in fits and starts, three updates in one week and then one in six months. I've been restrained by a variety of piss poor excuses: the creativity-draining administrative career, finding a new religion (Australian Rules Football, can I get an Amen brother?) and the giant hurdle that's been stuffing me about most of all - keeping the continuity. Now as much as I enjoy a bit of casual bondage, I prefer to be the one tying the devil's tongue, instead of my devil's tongue being tied.

It's not that I don't want to write because I've been overseas twice since the big US/Canada year, not to mention a massive Australia trip last Jan and there are a multitude of ideas being tossed around in my head. The problem is, I cannot write about the U.S. For the moment. It's a fantastic place and I will get around to it, but for the moment I'm being dragged down by the Memphis mire. So here's the plan.

Fuck the continuity. I'm going to write about the first places that spring to mind and then back date each post as I go along so that they're still in order. I'm going to reclaim the love that I had for recounting my experiences because believe it or not, I do love writing and whenever I cease to write for a long period of time, parts of my brain start to crumble away.

The bonus here is that now that it's the footy offseason I have absolutely nothing to do with my spare time and, having recently escaped the admin suckhole (for the moment) I have plenty of time to spare. I'm going to attempt to write something at least once a week and have designated Chloe as my arse-kicker if I fail to do so. She's a bony lass with a big butch arm, so I'll be in strife if I renege on this promise.

I'm going to kick off this revival with one of my new favourite places - Singapore. Until that's up, I'm just going to have to say it with flowers:

Sorry guys!

4 Comments:

Chloe said...

*looks menacing*
*flexes*

Simon A said...

Took you bloody long enough!

Sarah said...

I wouldn't have picked you as an Aussie Rules fan. But as long as you keep writing, you can develop a taste for whatever you like! (Within reason, of course. I might go off you if you suddenly decide you have a taste for white power...)

Urmi said...

Yay! Can't wait for the next post :D