Monday, June 25, 2007

Visit Utah! We have Super Wal-Marts!

So, my accommodation is almost completely sorted out for my entire U.S.A trip. It's been a long, drawn-out process with moments of panic ("Christ, these crazy Elvis fans book well in advance don't they?"), moments of ecstasy ("That is the most awesome bed and breakfast I've ever seen!") moments of sadness ("Oh crap, it's in Arkansas") and moments...of disbelief.

That was in my confirmation email from the hostel in Salt Lake City, Utah. You know you're in trouble when you're visiting a city which has the library and a Super Wal-Mart listed as the main attractions. I love the sound of my hostel though (free internet is always a drawcard), on the reservation site it claims 'We take credit card holders only for a more select clientele' and 'Felons need NOT apply' (do parking tickets count?).

I think I'll tell them I dyed my hair red and black for a dare...

4 Comments:

Unknown said...

Are you going to go to the Super Walmart?????????

Unknown said...

And is there any way I can stop blogspot displaying my name as 'balanced'?

Sam said...

Hahahaha as if I wouldn't! It's a block from my hostel! Perhaps, Paul, if you used your real name it might show up as that? :P Or did you have to create an account in order to comment?

Anonymous said...

I created an account ages ago for something. I have to login as balancedkiwi, but it justs shows up as balanced.

Anyway, I'll just post without signing in.

Paul.